Thursday, January 3, 2013

Shrek the Halls


I'm back to the internet world! Okay, not that I was ever really without internet, but..my Macbook crashed! Yes, again! It crashed in November, and I had to replace the hard drive. I couldn't complain, it was still on the same HD from 07, so 5 years - not too shabby. I bought a new Seagate drive at Best Buy, and it's been running like a champ since. That is until the other day when it refused to boot up after I shut down one night.  And it turns out, that brand new drive was dead already!  Best Buy couldn't refund me since it was past the 30 day mark, so I sucked it up and went to MacAuthority, got it taken care of-and then shipped the dead drive to the manufacturer along with the notes from the technician.

So, I can finally catch up (and I can start revamping the blog! The new look is up, but I haven't finished everything I wanted to put up!)! Sunday, Sam, the kids, John and I all headed up to Opry Mills and then Opryland Hotel to scope out the lights, just to see if they'd done anything different this year, and to take some family pics since we had Salem in town. In the midst of taking pictures we spotted Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, and Alex the Lion - because they are all part of the Dreamworks packages that Gaylord did this year. Bummed that he couldn't meet Kung Fu Panda or Shrek because we weren't package holders, I promised Kadin after pictures I'd take him over to see Shrek the Halls on Ice!  As we went up to get our tickets, Kadin took my hand and said, "I wish this moment could last forever!!" - pretty sure I melted at that point. Love this freaking kid!

Just a few pics from Shrek the Halls, they did SUCH a great job on it this year! And fabulous to know: we went December 30th, and the last day for it was January 1st. The entire gift shop was 50% off all the merchandise. Excellent time to go - they still have a huge amount of the merch left. Instead of souvenirs, I took Kadin to dinner and then Walmart to let him pick out a wrestler he wanted. Because you know, I'm a sucker, and he knows Aunt Nicole will buy him anything he wants. (And it actually played out like "Kadin, I need to stop by Walmart real quick to grab some party supplies for NYE".."Sure, can we go look at the toys when you're done here??")

One of the first exhibits. 

This shrek was SERIOUSLY ginormous! 

K-Man with Puss N Boots! He got so excited he just had to put his arm around it. 


Kadin going down the ice slide! He was so cute when he first started sliding down. 

I kept telling him to hold his feet up to make him go faster, but he didn't understand.

Absolutely terrible, obligatory self inflicted picture with cutie pie!

One of the last exhibits -- even the babies were represented so cutely :)


post signature

1 comment:

  1. They always do Ice from November-January 1! I have a feeling it might be Shrek again next year....it seems like they do the same theme for two years before switching. They do such a cute job!!!

    ReplyDelete