Friday, August 2, 2013

Ohio! Part 1

August is officially here! My favorite month - and it's not just because I really love my birthday and celebrate all month long (no really, we pretty much are celebrating all month long this year! I may be an end of August baby, but I'm still an August baby and I hate celebrating my birthday in September!)- but I really love how HOT August is too!

You know, I travel a lot. We are always taking weekend trips everywhere we can - so I really should be accustomed to packing and unpacking. But for some reason, when I come home, it takes me FOREVER to unpack and get situated. Mom & I got home Monday night from our trip to Ohio, and I may or may not be partially living out of my suitcase still. I'm such a slacker, I know.

Some pretty great picspam from my fabulous Ohio trip ahead..... We had such a great time. I have a lot of Aunts & Uncles on my fathers side (compared to my mom's side, where I only have one of each), which means I have a lot of cousins. And, as it often happens when you don't live in the same area with your extended family - I don't keep up with a lot of my cousins. Well, I say that, but I guess I actually do "keep up" with a majority of my cousins - I'm just not close to them all. However, my cousin Emily & I have been partners in crime  since we were little.  It's been a year and a half since I had seen her, when I flew out to California for our Epic Thanksgiving adventure in 2011, so we were totally overdue for a visit! Not to mention, I was super stoked at getting some time in with my Uncle Scott, Aunt Faye, Cousin Dan & his wife Alice & all their boys! (Especially since I hadn't seen some of them in a few YEARS!) I won't be back until December, which isn't the ideal time to be able to be out in my Aunt's AMAZING back yard garden & play with the boys, so this trip was so perfect.

I know, I know, it's a long post --- I will break it down ;) Here's our first two days of vacation!

Before we went to see anyone, we went straight to the cemetery. Honestly, I think we had to mentally prepare ourselves for this moment - it's just never going to feel right to have to go to the cemetery to see my precious granny! 

Hanging out with my Aunt June & Uncle Gay. Seriously, are they not totally adorable?

Nothing better than baby toes! The split second Alice and Dan brought the boys to my Uncle Scott's house  and put them down, I started snapping toe pics. 

This was the HOORAY! TWIN COUSINS REUNITED pic!

Playing with my sweet cousin Gavin.  Probably one of the coolest kids you'd ever meet!

Aidan is such a great kid - such a good big brother! The last time I saw him he was a baby, and my cousin Emily might have had to pry him away from my aunt to give him to me --- hooray for having four kids to spoil and play with this time, there was plenty to go around ;)

I know ladies, Jacob is probably making your ovaries ache right now. We've been joking about his Gerber baby pose in the lower picture. I could EAT THIS BABY UP!

I could eat THIS baby up too - Baby Lucas is so precious. Look at those eyes!


For lunch Friday, we went to a Geneva on the Lake staple - Eddie's Grill. Love this place...and my Granny was a frequent visitor to this place -- to the point that we had to call Eddie when she passed away to let him know. He loved her! 

They have some pretty fab burgers, mixed with great fries -- which taste amazing with vinegar (try it, you'll thank me), and last but not least - the best root beer you'll ever have, even if you don't like RB!

We got some time in at the lake....how beautiful is that!?

twin cousin selfie at the beach. This is pretty much how we are the entire time we're together. Well, that's when we're not obnoxiously singing (more on THAT later, we might have made some pretty epic videos this weekend. 


and then we went on the playground and acted like 4 year olds together. deja vu! 


Love this girl!  And if these pics aren't enough to show our fun....the video below should, just make sure to scroll over it and turn the volume on in the top left corner ;)



We went to dinner with our old neighbors Friday night --- neighbors I actually have a ton of memories of! 

And then we hit some local spots! Cheers from Billy's Martini Bar! RUN there and get the cherry kiss martini, because you'll die at how amazing it is.

I don't even remember where we were at this one! Maybe at "Just One More", where we went after checking out Em's new apartment? All I know is it was another moment where one of us got our phones out & we both instantly posed. We're pretty awesome like that ;)

Proof that Emily got me, the non beer drinker, to try a beer! No really, this never happens!

That sums up my Thursday & Friday in Ohio pretty much! Now to enjoy Friday night at home - tomorrow it's movies with the sis, Mom & Kiddos again! Happy weekend! 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment