Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I MIGHT be a TV Junkie....

TV might be ruining my social life. I spend waaaay too much time with my iPad, watching Netflix. Seriously, the best $8 bucks a month I've ever spent. If it's not ruining my social life, it's definitely killing my sleep schedule, since I can't seem to put it down at night sometimes.  And 9 times out of 10, at night I'm watching one of my favorite shows like Ally McBeal, Once Upon a Time or Brothers & Sisters - so I've seen the episode 01921021 times - yet I STILL just hate to turn it off.  And you know if I'm not watching Netflix, I'm watching my current shows -- TV is ridiculously addictive. Sigh.

Lately, I've watched more Ally McBeal than anything - because that show is still one of the best. (I was so bummed when it was cancelled!) And, of course, in season 3, Ally turns 30! While she freaks out waaaay more than I have (because I totally don't care what age I'm turning - I'm just all about celebrating & partying for my birthday!), I turn 30 in 2 weeks so I've been totally amused watching these episodes. And of course - who DIDN'T love the dancing baby?!


One of my best friends sent me a box for my birthday that arrived today and one of the great gifts was the boxed set of the entire series of Ally McBeal - clearly, my friends know me well.

Anyway, recently when I can't find anything else on, I'll put on the ID channel. And then I get sucked into the most ridiculous shows. When I was in Ohio, Emily & I had to repeat "we are turning this off at 11:59 on the dot so we don't get sucked into the next episode" while watching "Dates from Hell". These over-dramatizations are incredible stories -- and so terribly dramatized that I cannot help but watch it. Some of the shows though, like "The Will" are amazing. This show is how I discovered this channel -- when I tuned in for the Tammy Wynette & Conway Twitty episodes. Look them up, they're so well done.

I added two shows to my Netflix queue -- and as I scrolled down today I spotted this in my suggestions area:


Sigh. There goes my weekend.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. oooooh youre queue is awesome!!! i wanna watch all those.

    so im like totally stumped on what to get you for your birthday, cait wins hands down lol.

    ReplyDelete