Monday, August 19, 2013

The expensive life of an aunt....

Monday, Monday. While I've gotten a ton of work done & gotten the laundry out of the way, I still feel like I've been dragging all day long.

This week is probably going to drag anyway....Saturday is my birthday party, and then next week it's a super short week at the office, so I can celebrate my birthday the rest of the week! I am ready to see my friends & party with the bestie -- and I'm so so excited my sister will be with us! I envision my sister & I will definitely be just like Kitty & Sarah in Brothers & Sisters:



It was a much tamer weekend this past weekend. I kept the niece on Saturday so we could spend the day together. You know, when the kids were born, no one gave me the warning "Hey, being an aunt is expensive!" Of course, I kind of give them whatever they want, soooo I suppose it's my own fault, right? But I mean, they shower me with kisses and reiterate the "you're the best aunt ever", and even after 15 years, I can't resist spoiling them.

So we did a little shopping at Opry Mills...

my girl is growing up! 

We grabbed dinner at Macaroni Grill -- which was actually a place Paige hadn't been yet. I really wanted to go to Mafiaoza's so she could hit a local Nashville place she hadn't been to before, but it was just easier to stop inside the mall.

Dinner was followed by Marble Slab....

The mall wound up being a great place to go, because we got in a lot of talking during our walk & dinner. Boys, Gossip, School, Drama, and of course -  a sweet 16 party in 6 months. Love my time with my girl. 


And then because I'm a sucker, we stopped at Dave & Busters for a little bit to kill time before our movie. I loaded some $$ on the card, and after some games, Paige randomly decided to try this wheel game and won 1,000 tickets! Everyone we had watched play only won 100, 200 - so Paige had some serious good luck!

We headed to the theater afterwards & went to see "Paranoia" with Harrison Ford and Liam Hemsworth. It's getting pretty terrible reviews, but I thought it was a pretty good movie. I mean, it's not Harrison's best movie of all time or anything, but it had a good plot and we were entertained. Paige is in love with Liam Hemsworth so she had zero complaints about watching him for two hours. 

Of course, we wound up back at Dave & Busters after the movie so she could finish using the $$ on the card and redeem some of her tickets. When we ended up leaving, she had redeemed her tickets in for a few pieces of junk (candy - of course!), and had 400 something credits left on the card. 

I stole the card long enough to play some skee-ball! 

As she got in the car she said, "That was really awesome." 

Teenage girls are hard to please - even when you know them like the back of your hand. Clearly, Aunt Nicole is still doing something right!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I accepted that there is too expensive life of an Anti. Who join the wedding parties, dance night parties, event parties, organize the functions on any successful moments, specially this too expensive when they join a sweet 16 birthday party ideas for girls and purchased good for their party and manage the party as a mature member. That is too expensive that spend time, Money and look after every things.

    ReplyDelete