Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Here we go....

Can I just take a moment to say that the inner 14 year old fan girl in me seriously squealed when I saw Nsync was reuniting at the VMA Awards this weekend? Okay, Okay, so it's RUMORED at this point & "in the works", but not yet confirmed. 



Let’s stroll down memory lane for a minute here. I was 14 years old when Nsync came on the scene, and like most teenage girls my age, I was in love. In that “OH MY GOD, LET ME PLASTER THEIR POSTERS ALL OVER MY WALL!!” kind of way. When I ran out of space on my walls, I put posters on my ceiling. I meant serious business with my poster-hanging as a teenager.  And oh, I was going to marry Lance. (You know, the one who finally announced he was gay a few years ago. Sigh.) – even though at the time he was totally dating Danielle Fishel & I had the “Ugh I hate Topanga!! My life is so unfair!!” attitude.

Thankfully, my big sister dug Nsync too – which meant when they came to the Ryman that December, my sister had no hesitation in going with me, and waiting out back in the Ryman Alley. And that my friends is when my big moment happened and I met Lance Bass. (Who, despite their incredible popularity, was one of the sweetest people we’d ever met!) It also happened to be the night we met Britney Spears, you know, pre-umbrella shaved head breakdown.


We saw them every time they came to Nashville, and I headed to Knoxville with my friend & her mom to see them.  And whenever they came to Nashville, we scoured the town trying to find them. Yes, we were like tiny teenage stalkers. In our defense, they were always spotted around town and we just knew one day we’d run into them. The craze got so insane though,  and we weren’t the only girls scouring the town – it was like a scavenger hunt all over Nashville.  And then the moment came when we were walking down the road near Loews Vanderbilt and spotted JC walking. And after we got a picture and a hug – he was swarmed and whisked away as quick as possible.

Wow, rocking a Lance t-shirt AND butterfly clips in my hair!

Should I admit towards the end of their popularity, we got my mom hooked & the very last Nsync show we went to was my mom, sister & I? Or that my sister & I could PROBABLY still do the entire dance to “Bye, Bye, Bye”?  

All this leads up to….

I’m freaking stoked the thought is even out there about Nsync is reuniting for the VMA's! I don't even need a tour. I just want this one performance to re-live my adolescence, and then I’m good.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I got to relive my childhood when my sister won tickets and invited me to go with her to The Package Tour of NKOTB, 98 Degrees and Boyz to Men. Let me tell you, they are still hot! :)

    ReplyDelete