Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Fall....


How is it already November?! Holy crap! Christmas is just around the corner, and I have got to get on it - the kids are definitely not cheap to buy for anymore!

We had such a blast for Halloween this year ---- although Trick or Treating was sure different. Kadin told us that he was too old to go out -- which makes us laugh because he asked if my mom or I were going trick or treating. I guess 10 is too old but 29 and 54 are acceptable trick or treating ages! He waited until almost 5 to announce he wanted to go. So, I skipped out on this year since I had already made plans on the girls coming over to watch movies and drink :-)

Over the weekend I drove down to Georgia to see my bestie, and we hit up HalloWINE at the Georgia Winery. First of all, if you've never been to the Georgia Winery, you really must go. It's just over the border, so if in Chattanooga, it's a crazy short drive to go visit! They have the best wine, ever. I will try wine anywhere, but nothing has come close to as great as the Georgia Winery. I love their blushes, but I'm really a red wine girl, so I love the "Concord". Heaven in a bottle, for sure.


Anyway, they had HalloWINE this weekend, and wanted everyone to dress up. We did, and headed out to check out the new Halloween Wines!

So, our fabulous costumes wound up being "Cleopatra, Queen of Denial" (Rita totally struck some great Pam Tillis moves!), and I, with my love for Johnny Depp, went as the Pirate Vixen - but we labeled it as Mrs. Captain Jack Sparrow. (Kadin asked me at the movies the other day if I was really still going to marry Johnny Depp. I love this kid!) They turned out even cuter than we imagined.

I totally hope that everyone that has ever turned on a Country Music station now has Pam Tillis stuck in their head! 

Love my bestie! I'm so fortunate to have a friend I can count on.

 The winery's celebration really turned out to be a bust, which was totally disappointing because we love going to the functions there! But it was really just like a regular day just in costume. And the new flavors weren't actually new - Witches Brew was just Mulled Concord, and Hallowine was Mulled Blackberry Muscadine. Clearly, the Witches Brew was our winner with our love for Concord, but somehow they screwed this up at check out and we wound up with three bottles of Concord and three bottles of Hallowine. We made it work. It wasn't as fabulous as Witches Brew, but it was pretty good. It might have even been better if we hadn't screwed up the recipe - to mull the wine, we put two bottles in the crock pot, put in the brown sugar, water, and then the mulling spices. It wasn't until we let it simmer for the hour before we realized we had done the amount of sugar and water for ONE bottle, not two bottles. We fixed it the best we could and had the entire crock pot. This screamed "FALL!" and was amazing.



Seriously good- the downfall is the wait time. So, if you're going to mull wine, get it going in the crock pot and then go to dinner, so it'll be ready when you come back!

Oh! And I massively fell in love with my wig. I couldn't believe how well it parted even when I took my hat off, so I decided to rock it all weekend! For those girls who rock hair extensions, email me info on them, because I have already ordered a couple extensions - but I want to hear the good and bad, and brands that rock (and what to avoid!)

I'm floored at how natural it looked!? It's totally synthetic, since I obviously bought this to go with a costume. 

Now, time to prep for Thanksgiving and Christmas.......


No comments:

Post a Comment