Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Black Friday!

Okay, slight blog neglect going almost 10 days without updating! Thanksgiving, shopping, sessions....I've been staying crazy busy. I'm finally at a point where I can sit and actually do NOTHING for once! I'm working on re-branding, and kicking off 2013 in a little bit different direction with my photography - cutting weddings out! I just can't keep up with everything I'm doing. The babies, toddlers, kiddos, family - that's where my niche is, so I'm running with it.

I hope everyone had a FABULOUS Thanksgiving! Per the usual, my mom and I spent the night at my sisters the night before, so we could get a start early on Thanksgiving. Some lovely photos, courtesy of my iPhone.

My sister pulled out the Whiskey bottle....and a Hello Kitty cup. We keep it classy in Tennessee. 

And while my sister was pouring the Whiskey, I was smooching the K-Monster.  I cannot stand how cute he is sometimes! 

Thanksgiving morning, Mom & Sam got the food together while I was totally lazy and watched. The perk of being the horrible cook in the family meant I didn't have to cook anything for Thanksgiving dinner : ) (It's okay, I'm good at baking and better get to baking the goodies for Christmas here pretty soon!)

And what else should you do on Thanksgiving day when the turkey is cooking? Go to the stores that are open, obviously! Mom, Sam, Paige & I hit up k-mart to get a head start on the fun shopping. We're suckers for the DVD sales, so it's always our first stop, and I think we ended up getting DVD's everywhere we went?! I mean, I bought 15 DVDs over the weekend and only paid $50 bucks. 

My head start on Black Friday! Thanks Kmart, for my 4 DVDs that I paid under $15 for!

Sam & Mom getting the turkey together!

Mom had to work on Thanksgiving night since Target opened early, so we ate early so she could go home and get some sleep -- which wound up being what we did too! Laziest people ever on Thanksgiving afternoon - but it's allowed after eating all that crap right? We curled up and did our tradition of watching "Christmas Vacation", and then some of our new DVD's.....and then hauled it to Target to get our place in line!

I freaking love Black Friday. People can whine all they want about how it commercializes Christmas, how it makes people work on a holiday (which kills me, they are not the only people that work on Thanksgiving, good grief), blah blah. We get the most awesome deals, and my sister and I have a blast. We were next to the most amusing people in line at Target -- the guy in the group was ready to kick ass for anyone skipping line, because he needed to get sheets that were on sale. (He also mentioned buying his wife a treadmill. I'm not sure that's the best "I love you!!" Christmas present....) 

in line at Target with my sister waiting for the store to open! 

We went to Opry Mills after Target -- did any other locals go there? Holy hell! I know there was excitement since we didnt HAVE Opry Mills last year for Black Friday, but I could not believe the rush - and I couldnt believe they just opened the doors and just let everyone run like crazy. I was disappointed in a few of the shops - like the Lego store, which was our main place. Zero sales. If your mall is opening at midnight, and every other store is having a sale....you have a freaking sale! But I did score some amazing stuff for the little man at the Disney store!

I'm so happy the Christmas season is here! The entire atmosphere is so wonderful - I cant wait for Christmas eve!


No comments:

Post a Comment