Friday, November 2, 2012

November Thanks, days 1 & 2

I've decided to chime in on the "30 Days of Thankful" that's been floating around blogs, twitter, and Facebook! I'm a day late, I know, so I'll post two in my first entry.  It just seems like a lot better to  do it on my blog --- where I can go into a little more heartfelt detail!

so, to kick it off....

Day 1: 
I'm so thankful to have an amazing big sister! There were so many moments I was the annoying little sister back in the day,  but at the end of the day, I knew if there was ever someone I could count on, it was Samantha. When I'm in trouble, the first call I make is ALWAYS to my sister -- (some things never change!), who usually does pretty much whatever to fix it!  (Even if it means driving three hours to pick my ass up after the car broke down on the way back to Nashville!) And of course, without her we wouldn't have the two most amazing kids on the planet! (who will obviously make an appearance on this list...)

Celebrating Samantha's birthday!

Seeing the Judds at the Opry! 


Day 2:
While she's no longer here, I am super thankful that I had the most amazing Grandmother in the world. Since April 2, 2010, I miss my Granny a little more every day, and sometimes I still find it so hard to believe that she's gone. I am fortunate & thankful that I had her in my life for 26 years, and that her grandchildren were her world - because it has left me with so many incredible memories of her. I should probably be thankful she was such a pack rat too :-) Having boxes and boxes of her things, and HUNDREDS of old family photos to go through is amazing. 

I assumed this was for my 2nd birthday, since she is holding a balloon in Sept and my birthday is 8.28 - and what I love is my Granny was a Jehovah Witness, and technically not supposed to celebrate birthdays. She never ever missed mine or my sisters birthday. 

Generations....Sam & I with Mom, Granny & Paige. 

And now that this entry has completely made me cry since I've started yapping about my Granny, it's time to end -- love the concept of this & going to love doing this all month! 



No comments:

Post a Comment