Monday, December 2, 2013

Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon

It's no secret I'm a Disney nerd. My inner 8 year old still love love loves Ariel, Snow White -- and every other Disney Princess (and villain, who the hell doesn't love Ursula, The Evil Queen or Maleficent!?) you can think of. Hence why the twin cousin & I visit Disney whenever we can. I think we had more fun as adults at Disney than I ever had in the times I went as a child!

Anyway, in booking our next Disney trip (Thanksgiving 2014!), I spotted the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon. Apparently this happens every February, and it immediately piqued my interest. I started looking up some blogs & some images on pinterest. And once I saw ladies dress the part for the marathon....I was pretty sold. I immediately started jotting ideas for costumes. Torn between Ariel & Snow White, my two favorites, I decided to go with Snow --- seemed like an easier one to come up with. (Somehow the tank tops with the Ariel seashells on the boobs just didn't cry out to me!)

I spotted this on pinterest and pretty much died. This is the greatest Snow runner shirt I've seen so far. I'm big on the whole collar thing. It's just not a legit Snow costume without the collar! 

I'm not actually doing it until 2015. I kind of missed the cut off for the 2014 one since I really didn't know about it. This DOES give me time to train for the marathon though! 


I started looking up some of the rules for the race & what pace we had to keep up with in order to stay in, etc. I started running slightly a year or so ago, but had to cut back when the knee started flaring back up.  I've already been to my Orthopedic Surgeon & gotten the "Go For It!" so, here I begin! I can't think of anything better to motivate me back into running than the 1/2 Marathon. Maybe this was the motivation I needed. I've never been an athlete, or played sports....but I WILL be a runner, and I WILL finish this marathon!

Oh, and there are character stops to get pictures with different Princesses/Princes & Villains? Seriously, sign me up! I have no shame in being a 30 year old Disney nerd!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment