Monday, December 23, 2013

Reunited & it feels so good!

How on earth is it already almost Christmas?! I had to finish my shopping today. I'm actually usually done WAY sooner than now, but a couple broken packages awaited me when I returned from Ohio! It was a rush to the store today to find something to replace the gifts with...bummer! I am super excited -- as is my nephew, who text me every single day I was gone to find out when I was coming home. Clearly, I will never ever be able to be away for Christmas Eve/Morning, because this child nearly had a heart attack just at me not being home until December 22nd!

Anyway - I just got home from a fabulous trip to Ohio to see the twin cousin & hit my family reunion. One of Em's tweets Friday morning was "Had the best night ever with @paintedclouds . The shenanigans continue!!!" - which is obviously an indication of a pretty epic installment in the Emily & Nicole adventures.

First off though -- I amused everyone on my plane that DID live in Cleveland when we were landing as I loudly shouted, "IS THAT SNOW?!?" I was informed this was nothing compared to what they had, and this was all just the very last that was melting -- but I promise it was more than I've seen since probably the last time I was in Ohio in the winter! This is what happens when you take a girl away from the North & raise her in Florida & Tennessee. "You definitely aren't a Cleveland girl, are you?!" was what the guy behind me asked. When I answered "No sir, I'm a Tennessean", he laughed and said "You ARE from Tennessee, you even just called me sir!" (And just so everyone knows, I DID go out and play in the snow. Kind of. I made a snow man & then ran away yelling it was gross and cold. A for effort!)

Moving on --- Em and I had another amazing airport reunion.  You know, the jerks that you want to shout at for holding up the pick-up lane because we're too busy squealing, screaming & hugging. (OKAY and maybe taking selfies!)

this was the "we look terrible, we haven't gotten ready yet, but WE'RE AT THE AIRPORT AND REUNITED!!!" selfie.

Because Emily is the best cousin ever, we headed straight to Billy's so I could have a Cherry Kiss Martini. (Okay, after we ran to the apartment to put on makeup and all that good stuff) See, I knew I loved that girl! And it made for some great time with Kathy and Laura!

"hashtag....twin cousins!"

Love these girls!!

the "OMG we haven't taken enough pictures together tonight yet!"

so happy I got to meet Lou!!

We also filled our Thursday night with Christmas presents (my twin cousin wine glass is cooler than yours), fisher price Disney Princess figurines (Doesn't everyone give their 28 year old cousin Ariel toys for Christmas?!), and a fall down the stairs. Yeah, two guesses who the one that fell down the stairs was. On the plus, Emily got blamed for it the next day...."Hold her hand or SOMETHING Emily!" At least Aunt Faye was looking out for me!

This trip was also pretty monumental in the aspect of....Tattoos! We got new tats! We wanted the infinity logo -- but we wanted to change what a lot of families seem to do and instead of getting "family" intertwined in our logo, we wanted "Ohana". (I know, I know...we're Disney nerds!) Hanging out with Aunt Faye before we left for our tats, she asked what Ohana meant....as we explained it meant family in Hawaiian, we were met with a perplexed look and this:

"Why are you getting that, you guys aren't.....Hawaiian!"
Em: "I thought you were going to say you guys aren't even family!!"
Aunt Faye: "No, it is quite obvious you two are family!"

Hahaha, indeed we are.

We decided to head out to the Winking Lizard to grab lunch, and not only did I have the best Strawberry Margarita ever, I was massively in love with their Christmas lighting. Can every restaurant just decorate with lights indoors? Because is incredible festive & fun. Also, they have photography all over the place. 



"Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten." 

We went winery hopping after getting our tattoos, attempting to hit a few we may not have hit last time I was there! We didn't hit seven this time, but we did hit three! Two new ones, and one that I went to last time -- because it was our favorite & the iced wine is insane amazing! 


The winery owner took the pic above of us after he saw us taking a selfie. And after he took our wine & food order, he brought over a little plate of chocolate. Seriously, a plate of like Reese's. "Is this heaven??" was Emily's question. (Which was then followed by "Don't give me wine and a plate of Reese's and tell me this isn't heaven!")


And since most of you know I have to capture where I stand....here's one that doesn't happen often!

What the fresh hell is this!? Nicole is seriously in the snow!


Just another selfie in another winery. 

So much more to catch up on from my trip -- in my next post. This girl  has to get presents wrapped!!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment