Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Ahhhh, the teenage years...

Paige went to her first ball this weekend. I suppose this is where I'm supposed to insert the "OMG I feel old" line. But I don't. (And I try to never use that line anyway - it's so annoying!) Instead I just felt slightly sad that my girl is growing up, and so proud of the beautiful girl she's becoming. I see my niece every week & talk to her every day - and each day I'm reminded of why I'm so proud of her.

When I got there and started helping her with her hair, I had all these flashbacks to when she was little. All the times I'd put her in my lap and start putting pigtails in her hair. And now we're planning her Sweet 16 Party while sending her off to the Military Ball. Sigh. Time flies.

I've said it before - I treasure these what seem like small moments, but are really big moments. Quite often when I crash at my sisters, I'll be in the shower & hear the door open and hear "It's just me Aunt Nicole!" and then Paige plops down on the floor and talks boys, drama, school, worries, etc. I wouldn't give these moments up for the world. I remember the teenage days, and I didn't have an Aunt I was crazy close to & lived close to that I could run to if I ever needed her. I've always strived to be that for Paige.



So grown up & so beautiful! The dress was such a bargain, my sister found it at Ross of all places! And her bow necklace & earrings couldn't be more "Paige" - it was the perfect ensemble for her!

The girls heading out! 
And a few quick shots from my phone:




My Paige & Kadin necklace is courtesy of Creations By KJ - go check her out if you need custom jewelry! She made all my stuff -- and they couldn't be any more amazing!

And with that....Happy Wednesday y'all! I have too many Christmas presents to wrap....annnnd this girl has to go pack so I can fly out to Ohio to see my family!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment