Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Family Tradition...

Merry Christmas Eve! I love Christmas Eve --- or I guess the eve of any holiday, since the kids make it so much fun. Kadin is ready for Santa -and I suppose we are too!

Before I forget, though....a little recap from the rest of my Ohio Trip, since I know some of the fam has been looking for some photos. I've not even finished going through everything I took on my camera - so time consuming! I'm so glad to have an entire free week next week (minus New Years Eve of course! ;) ) to get a few things done! Anyway, I can't think of a better night than Christmas Eve to recap!

Naturally, it was a priority to visit the cemetery to stop at the grandparents graves while I was there, so we decided to do that before the reunion.  I picked up the Daisy Duck for Granny before heading over because it was so "her".... I know I've said this before, but it's really never going to feel right having to go here to see her. I think I expected this trip to be easier, and it was not even remotely easier. It was hard to visit her here, and it was hard to go by her apartment. Maybe one day it really will be easier.


Have you seen enough of us yet?! 

We ended up going late to our reunion -- mainly because we stopped back at the house to get ready & got tied up catching up with the Aunt & Uncle --- who were both too sick to come with us. But after we got ready & were about to walk out the door, we had a total prom moment when Aunt Faye went "Wait, let me take a picture of you before you girls leave!!"

said picture

Going to my reunion was deja vu to my childhood. Lord have mercy, some things never change -- this reunion & venue included. It was so fabulous to see so many aunts, uncles, cousins that I don't get the chance to see quite as often as my twin cousin & that fam!

A little picspam from the reunion...

Straight up brag here, folks - my aunt is better than yours and makes better buckeyes than you ever will. I almost begged for these & this gem of a bag was sitting on the table waiting for me when we arrived! 

I was so amused my Uncle John was handling our Chinese Auction -- because he was the person doing it at my LAST reunion, 16 years ago! He hasn't done it in awhile, so how funny he was doing it the year I showed up!

a blurry shot with my Uncle Larry, who I not only had not seen in 16 years, but really haven't talked to!

the photo nerd in me of course loved scoping out all the old pics. we loved this one of my grandfather with his twin sister!

my fave of the night....4 of the cousins all together finally! 

cousins!

with my Uncle John

the candy scramble for the elderly is probably one of the cutest things you'll ever see in your life. (i haven't pulled off photos from my camera from the kid candy scramble, but....major deja vu to childhood right there!)

Another great pic that had my Grandfather (and some siblings) in it!

And not from my reunion, but the following day, I flew home. It was a lounge around day until we went to get some margaritas before hitting the airport. As we got ready, we turned around....and we were wearing practically the same thing. Totally, completely unplanned.

seriously. we read each others minds and it's scary sometimes.

Such a great trip, and I miss the fam -- especially the twin cousin -- already! Em & I have four trips planned next year, including another epic Disney adventure on Thanksgiving, and we truly do not go a day without talking -- but I still miss her face! I know I've said it a million times, but everyone should be so lucky to have a cousin that is one of their best friends and has been there throughout their entire life. 


And with that....Merry Christmas to all! 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment