Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy Black Friday!


If anyone tells you being an aunt is cheap, they are liars. Being an awesome aunt is totally expensive.

Since I always crash at my sisters house the night before a holiday, Wednesday I decided to go early & grab the kids to go to the movies. Being the movie freak I am, I spend a lot of money at the movies....but man, I bring the kids and I'm SUCH.A.SUCKER!

And after this, we added more junk, because I can't seem to say "No" when they ask for funnel fries. $75 later, we were finally in our seats to see Frozen! 

Frozen was seriously adorable. I mean, I'd probably say that anyway, because I'm a Disney nerd....but it really was adorable & so sweet. And I may or may not have cried at the end. The greatest part however, was all three of us loved it, and Kadin talked about it all weekend.

Love Love Love my babies!

We had a pretty un-eventful Thanksgiving....we had to do it at lunch so Mom could go home & get some sleep since she had to be at work at 6. And of course this was great time for the sis, niece & I to watch movies & get a slight nap in ourselves. Black Friday shopping is serious business, y'all! 

with my favorite girl! 

at the top of the "thankful" list this day are these two adorable kiddos!

This totally might have been one of our best Black Friday's ever! We got in line at Target at 6 to wait in the ridiculous cold. Brr. 8 came pretty quickly though, and we were only about 50 people back in line, so we were the first people at the area we wanted to be in. We're so not the ones who run to the TV's -- we go straight to the DVD's. We snatched the DVD's we wanted as quickly as possible. My receipt said I saved $58 just on the DVD's I bought, so....say what you will about Black Friday, but the savings are great! (And we have a blast!)

Did anyone else spot a ton of freaking kids out this year? And not just kids....there were SO many kids out in no winter coats, some babies without socks. Have people never actually SEEN what Black Friday entails?! This is totally not a place for kids. Sigh. 

We successfully shopped for 9 hours - now THAT is a successful Black Friday. I have zero clue how much money I actually saved, but I came home with bags and bags of stuff! Who could pass up some of the sales? The crowds were pretty massive but we timed everything so perfect...the longest line we had to wait in was Starbucks in Opry Mills! By midnight, we were in need of that caffeine to keep going, so of course it was worth waiting for.  Old Navy was the only store that we didn't get what we wanted - mainly because the line to check out was to the back of the store. Although 50% off the entire store was a great deal - I didn't want anything that bad there. (And yes, I looked online for what we wanted!)

My best deals were my DVD's & all the awesome prices at Disney Store -- in store & online. Who could pass up the $4 stuffed characters, and the free monogramming of the blankets?! 

However, my favorite purchase was for myself....

Because what's greater than a Snow White pez dispenser?!?!

It's time for a nap - because I'm going back out tonight! Happy Shopping, y'all! 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment