Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday Recap

I can't believe this, but my sweet Paige is going to be 15 years old on Thursday. I don't know where the time has gone, it feels like it was just yesterday I would RUN to get off the school bus, so I could walk in the house and scoop her up.  But more on that on Thursday.... ;)

We had a luncheon at Sam's today to celebrate with family - which means we had a late lunch and then a ton of junk food because my sister cooked so many freaking goodies. And when I say goodies - I mean goodies. Paige loves Red Velvet, so last year we downed  Red Velvet cupcakes. This year, Samantha changed it up. What is it about Birthdays that give us an excuse to have nothing but junk?

As noted below....I ate horrible today....and I have no shame, these were incredible!

And made these yummy Red Velvet "Whoopie Pies" - um delish!? 

And then she made these brownies -- which had a piece of oreo in the bottom & a chunk of peanut butter in the middle. Heavenly. They are super tiny, since you know - they are chock full of fat :) 

The birthday princess was tickled with these. 

It was a pretty good day with the fam, and a good time with my girl. We ran to the store after a little while, and I've said it a million times: I have the best talks with the kids in the car. Paige has really brought her grades up & I'm so proud of her. Her English grade on her progress report in December was a 47 - today she brought me her report card and her grade was 88. Just about every grade has come up.

Aunt Nicole will be broke if she keeps it up, as an incentive when she started HS, I told her for every A she got - I'd give her $20. This time I told her I was so proud of the English grade coming up, I'd give her half for that too. She's worked really hard on getting them up. Kadin is such a whiz in school -- I'm sure glad I won't have them in High School at the same freaking time, I'd be working just to pay off their great grades! 

One of the English tests she brought home....

With my beautiful -- almost grown up --- girl. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment