Sunday, February 16, 2014

Weekend Shenanigans

It has been a whirlwind of a weekend! I'm finally having some down time, so obviously I'm using that time to watch one of my all-time fave movies - "Beaches". I'm really not in the mood to cry, so I don't know why I'm watching...sigh.

I hope everyone had a fabulous Valentines....I'm pretty sure I had the two cutest Valentines dates ever!


The kids & I went to see the Lego Movie & dinner - and then because Aunt Nicole is such a sucker, in their Valentines bags this year I put Target gift cards, sooooo we wound up at Target at the end of the night to let them shop. Love, Love, Love these kids - it doesn't get any better than having a night out with them.

Kadin LOVED The Lego Movie - Paige & I thought it was kind of lame. It's getting such rave reviews, I was really surprised we didn't like it! It had a few funny spots, but it just didn't hold my attention, which was such a bummer, I really wanted it to. Great cast, and a great concept - at one point Paige leaned over and said "This is the most bored I've ever been in the movies before!". Kadin, meanwhile, was in total HEAVEN. 


Saturday was all about celebrating! Larry's oldest son turned the big 1-4 this weekend! I'm so glad he's able to come out with all of us often. I've watched him grow up into such a wonderful young man - full of so much talent & potential! I just know his future is going to be bright, and so glad I'll be able to tell everyone I knew him way back when ;) 

Christian picked dinner & a movie, so it was deja vu -- but I'm pretty much at the movies every weekend, right!? He picked Vampire Academy, which is definitely a good movie for his age group.


All these kids are growing up way too fast....I really need to stop time! (And I say this right after we scheduled the appointment for Paige to get her license. Sigh. Aunt Nicole isn't ready for this!)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment