Saturday, February 22, 2014

capturing moments....

Weekend, weekend! I've been so happy to sleep in - I may or may not have refused to get out of bed until almost noon today. Don't judge me, I earned being lazy. Next weekend will be super super busy, so this weekend I really needed some down time to get some client editing in.

This week, I shot a birth for a sweet family that I've been doing family portraits for for a few years. Shooting births is usually tricky - since babies typically come when they want to come. I'm on call for my birth sessions, but -- some babies come faster than others! Fortunately for us, Miss Lillie was stubborn, so they scheduled her birthday.

My favorite thing when I'm shooting is telling a story -- which isn't always possible when I'm doing portraits (but IS why outtakes wind up being my favorites!) -- so shooting things like births, weddings, events are such a rush for me. I have in my head what it would look like if I were to lay it out in a photo book. It's also amazing to be in the delivery room with Mom & Dad, to capture the biggest moment in their lives with them.

It's also a great moment for me to shoot B&W, which is one of my biggest loves.

A quiet morning it was!

10:43 a.m - the time little Lillian took her first breath. 

Welcome to the word, sweet Lillian Grace!

The important part of the day was getting big sister in the room to meet her little sister - she couldn't have been anymore smitten with that baby!

And she never let her baby sister out of her sight! 

Happy Birthday Sweet Lillie! Mom & Dad already have her signed up for 5 sessions for the next year, so I'll be getting lots of time with this sweet face. I can't wait to watch her grow!

"What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that's gone forever, impossible to reproduce." - Karl Lagerfeld

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment