Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Less Skank, please...

My big success this week was I fit in my Derby dress! You know, the Michelle Pfeiffer dress I've been pretty obsessed with for awhile & finally found....and purposely bought a few sizes smaller. The problem?

It's ridiculously short.  I mean seriously, it's freaking short.

I know some girls enjoy dressing like skanks, but I'm not one of them.  Pretty sure I'm not alone in this.

It doesn't help that I'm tall, definitely. The dress I bought honestly didn't look super short, so maybe on someone a little shorter than I am can pull it off beautifully. But I know it's not just tall girl problems..... a LOT of dresses today are made insanely short. Not that I'm looking for a casual summer dress, I need a little dressy dress for the derby, but I get that when it's 100 degrees outside, a dress is a super simple & cooler solution than jeans or something.  But believe it or not, you actually DO have to put something on that has a little bit more material to it if you intend on wearing it, you know...anywhere. And girls of all ages wear it - and I loathe the message it sends to young girls.

I spotted this at H&M when I was shopping there the other day. I usually love some of the designers at their store, but...this was a major fail.



Are you kidding me right now? WHEN DID DRESSES BECOME SO SLUTTY LOOKING?! Newsflash ladies: your ass should not be hanging out of your dress.

Please tell me that's a beach cover up, even though it's being marketed as a dress at another store. Because I have towels bigger than that. 

And don't give me the whole clubbing or party dresses "needing to be short", because guess what?


Carrie, Samantha, Miranda & Charlotte proved you wrong. Call me old fashioned, but I think I'll stick with my classy dresses - that my ass DOESN'T hang out of. 



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment