Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy 2014!

Ringing in the New Year this year was almost identical to last years celebration. We of course, all spent it in Kentucky at Dolphie's! It was busy, but not too busy this year, which meant we had a lot of singing time..

Celebrating with the bestie!

So glad I rang in the past few New Years with these folks!

Metcalf even sang "The Cowboy Rides Away" for us! 

I keep seeing everyone posting about resolutions, and I so hate making a resolution. Mainly because I usually know I won't keep up with it. I suppose my resolution actually this year could be continuing training for my marathon....because I have no choice but to train for it! 



The bestie & I DID, however, make a concert list for this year - artists we want to see - some we've seen 1091202121 times, some we've never seen, so my goal is to make this year even bigger on the concert front than last year. That's a hard feat - we sure hit a lot of great concerts & saw some serious legends. At the top of our list this year:

George Strait - which happens in March!
PL -duh!
Charley Pride
Alan Jackson
Ronnie Milsap
Loretta 
Merle  - which will most likely happen once again on Labor Day weekend, where we'll see him with Loretta again!
Gene Watson
Keith Urban
Emmylou Harris
Steve Wariner
Dolly Parton - we see her in May! I haven't seen a full show of hers since I got to meet her in Chicago! 
Joe Nichols

And I have no doubt we'll hit a gig for every single one of them. 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment