Friday, January 10, 2014

5 on Friday...

This felt like the longest week ever. Maybe because I had 9 days away & this was my first week back at the office? I've been convinced Friday was never going to get here!

I haven't done the 5 on Friday randoms link up in awhile...



one. downton abbey 
I am such a freaking TV junkie -- the whole winter hiatus ABC has on Once Upon a Time & Scandal is driving me crazy!  Thank goodness the ever fabulous Downton Abbey is back! This show is seriously amazing - and Maggie Smith is absolutely brilliant! If you're not watching it - you should be.



two. books, books, books! 
I may have went slightly crazy & ordered a slew of new books on Amazon last week (how would I live without Amazon?) - so says my debit card & packages that keep arriving in my mailbox. I may be one the biggest tech nerds around, and I sure can't live without my iPhone & iPad--- but I can never ever give up my love for books!

In the ones I just ordered, I just finished yesterday reading Bless Your Heart Tramp: And Other Southern Endearments by Celia Rivenbark. The southern girl in me LOOOVED it. (And I love most of Celia's books!) And because I keep adding to my intensely large Vintage Country Music library, I finally picked up Vivian Cash's bio, I Walked the Line: My Life with Johnny, which I'm currently reading -- and can't put down! (If you've watched "Walk the Line", you reeeeally need to read this book to truly have both sides of the story)



three. i miss who i was with you
You can go through Patty's catalogue and you'll find a song for every.single.moment in your life, I swear. Seriously no exaggeration. It's part of what makes her awesome, she doesn't cut BS songs.

This song has always been one of my faves of hers, but holy hell did it hit me like a ton of bricks this week --- I needed this song this week. Every single line of it. 

(Everyone should listen to it....and then purchase the record it's on, because it's better than anything you've heard on radio today. Before P released the Holy Grail that is Mountain Soul, this was my favorite record of hers!) 


four. hello dolly!
Our Dolly Parton tickets came today! I'm excited to see her again - I haven't seen her since Chris & I went to Chicago to see her a few years ago (which was also the show we went backstage, my first time getting to meet Dolly!) This time the bestie is going & she's never seen a full Dolly show!
 

five. vacations!
I already booked our Thanksgiving Disney World trip, so yesterday I sat down to start working on the rest of this years plans....besides hitting FL for Disney, it's also on the list earlier in the year so I can go home and visit family. Also on the list this year is Baltimore, Ohio, our girls weekend in Gulf Shores, and Canada in the fall. And that's just what's on the list thus far- and doesn't include our concert travel OR the fact that we're going to the Kentucky Derby this year! What would I do if I had to sit at home all the time??
 


Happy Friday y'all!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment