Saturday, October 6, 2012

Thank God for Hometowns...

Going to where you grew up is so bittersweet. I was born in Ohio, and we moved to Florida when I was little, so I usually consider Sebastian, FL my hometown. I'm such a kid when we go back - it's the one place I can visit and still view it in the eyes of a 10 year old.   We spent 5 days there this week for a visit.....I hadn't been back since 08! My mom hadn't been back since we moved -- so she had not seen her brother in 15 years.

There were so many moments where I thought "Oh man, I don't want to go back to Tennessee, I miss it so much here!" I am super settled here, and can't imagine leaving Nashville ever again --not to mention I would never want to be away from my sis & the kids --- emotions took over after being home for a couple days and I just didn't want to come back! But, as I sipped on wine outside listening to the Palm Trees sway with two of my friends that grew up down the street from me, went to Elementary School & Rode the bus with me -- I felt at home and wanted to stay put! (No worries, it was great to come back to Nashville to my own bed and be with my friends!)

And now, for my trip home pic spam and commentary, a mix of some of my good pics and my iPhone pics haha....

I see palm trees all the time on road trips...but I'm such a nerd, there is nothing that compares to seeing my palm trees back home. 

My sisters long time best friend had her first baby last year, and this was the first time we had the chance to meet her!  She took to Paige instantly - and they were so cute playing the piano together. 

I'm such a sucker for baby's fingers and toes :) 

We hauled it to the Beach the day after we got there. It felt so great to not only go to the beach, but take the familiar routes to get there -- crossing my favorite bridges to A1A. I'm a sappy nerd, I know!

Hahah, S.O.S says Kadin! He made Sand Angels too, even though he kept calling them snow angels!


Hola from Florida!

He's such a little fish. He is so crazy about the beach.....and was NOT happy when we had to leave! (Which is what we used to bribe him the whole trip. He is such a homebody, he HATES leaving Tennessee.....since he fell in love with the Beach, we used that to make him behave throughout the week!)

Ahhh, the walkway to South Beach!

with my sissy on the beach! 

I show my Kentucky love everywhere we go! Even with a crappy football season - I still love my big blue!


Little T! Oh the joys of being a beach baby! 

Mom & K-Man enjoying the water -- it was so amazing, not too cold, not too hot. We couldn't have asked for a better day at the beach. The temps were in the 90's too, so clearly, I was in heaven.


Back at the beach the next day to just walk the boardwalk and hit giftshops.....Mom & Sis posing on the boardwalk.

Even the bro in law came this trip! We made it a full family vaca this time, it's normally me, the sis and the kids, so it was great to have everyone come! Well, my sisters dad stayed home and kept an eye on the house, haha, but still. 

Such beauty - I mean seriously, who wanted to leave this?! Morning at the beach is just amazing. 

:) South Beach in Vero

So, this was the last house we lived in before we moved to Tennessee. I loved this house, by far my favorite home I've ever lived in. It looked much prettier when we lived in it :( I miss this entire neighborhood. I used to ride my bike like crazy in this area - this was where we lived when I ran over a snake riding my bike barefoot. That was definitely the last time I went shoeless on my bike rides :P

Another old house....they painted it, so I totally think it looked better when we lived there ;) Isn't it funny how you can associate certain memories to certain homes? We lived here when Hurricane Andrew was on the way. I remember my Granny and Aunt having to cut their trip short so they could get away before the Hurricane, and we had to board the house up.

We hit up Wimbrow Park while we were there --- my sister and I came here all the time as kids to look for Alligators. I was SO bummed we didn't see any while we were there. I totally wanted one to pop up in our pic behind us haha. 

Meanwhile, my niece wanted to move further up in the grass because she didn't want to get that close to the water. Haha, you can tell who were the Florida girls were. 

We visited Captain Hiram's in Sebastian for lunch with my Aunt & Uncle. The exciting thing about this was it was my first time to go to Hiram's and be able to drink, hahahaha. Last time my sister drank so I had to be the DD -- someone had to get us back!

In a great moment, my mom and my niece were playing the Lobster Claw game when my Uncle got there -- and didn't even realize they were standing there and walked right by! When he saw my sister, she took them over and mom saw her brother for the first time in 15 years. They both cried -- a really wonderful moment.

I'm such a sucker for piers. There is nothing more gorgeous than the reflection on the water!

Mom & Uncle Dennis....Mom had a hard time leaving, but since my Aunt & Uncle are moving to Middle Tennessee, there will be no more 15 years in between seeing each other! 

My beautiful Sebastian. I wanted to use my ollo-clip on my iPhone, and this was the perfect time to do it. The fish eye lens rocks my socks.

So wonderful to visit....and I'll be back in May! Thank goodness.....

Seems fitting to end with this, Thank God for Hometowns by Carrie Underwood:





No comments:

Post a Comment