Tuesday, October 23, 2012

This is Halloween....

So first of all, when I think of Halloween, I instantly think of Tim Burton's "Nightmare Before Christmas" - so one of the best movies ever. Anyway, I immediately get that damn "This is Halloween" song stuck in my head for days around this time of year!

This weekend I'm heading to Georgia so I can party for Halloween weekend with the bestie! The Winery is throwing the annual Hallowine bash, and I can't wait! I picked up my costume this week, and let me just say: I had a hell of a time deciding what I wanted to be! I got a feel for costumes online, but I really hate buying them without trying them on - because contrary to popular belief, one size does NOT fit all, and Medium and Large are not the same size. Whoever sized costumes should be punched in the face for making it so annoying.

I did what any good Nashvillian would do:  I went to Performance Studios! If you've ever been here, you've probably seen it - it's the biggest costume store I've EVER been in, and they have everything under the sun. You can rent or buy -- it's an amazing place. (So go like them on facebook: Performance Studios

I went with a few ideas, first being Sally from the Nightmare Before Christmas! And the costume I fell in love with was:


Cute, right!? Except I wasn't happy with the back of the costume - it wasn't the same as the front, it was solid and cheap. For $60 though - I wasn't cool with that.

I had an idea of a Stewardess after that, but um.....it's hard to look like a cute stewardess without looking like I'm running the Mile High Club (or completely boring. Why can't there be an in between costume for this? A mix between slutty and boring!?)



Sigh. 

I tried on 9 costumes I loved and wouldn't you know, the very last costume was the one I put on and squealed and LOVED. (And no I'm not posting a picture until after the weekend!) Success! I spent way more than I intended once I started grabbing all these fabulous accessories to go along with it, but when I put it alllllll on tonight to check it out, I was totally sold and convinced it was money well spent! Rita and I have already started planning our costumes for next year too - I cannot wait!

Before I leave for Georgia, the sis and I are going to see Alanis Morrissette at the Ryman! Totally listened to "Jagged Little Pill" a million times as a kid, thanks to my big sis. Neither of us have seen her live before, but looking forward to it - especially at the Ryman!


No comments:

Post a Comment