Tuesday, April 1, 2014

"that" day

It's that day again.

That horrible, no good, worthless day. The day that 4 years ago brought the call that Granny was gone.

I hate April 2nd. While our family usually gets together for dinner, it still is just a flat out crummy day.

There are so many things I miss about her, and so many moments I wish I could have back. The times my sister & I would fight over who got to sleep on the other end of the couch with her. That glorious moment I finally got to meet Loretta Lynn, and all I could think of was to call my Grandmother to tell her. Little moments...

I'm not 100% sure what I believe about the afterlife. But I know every night I pull out my favorite vinyl records, my Granny is here with me. Tonight I'll certainly be listening to some Ernest Tubb, reminiscing of all the nights I'd curl up on the couch with her, listening to her concert stories.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment