Monday, September 17, 2012

Ouch....

I blog this while on pain medication - is that a good idea?! :P I had the toe done today -- more on that shortly!

So this past Friday, we went to Will Stans in Lavergne because Chad is now DJ-ing there. And if you know my sister and I, we're all for some good karaoke! Anyway, this place is locally owned and  kind of like a Steakhouse on one side and a bar on the other.  Apparently we picked the slowest day ever to go -- there were literally four other people there when we got there. When Samantha & I kicked off karaoke, Chad just handed us the mics saying we didn't even have to get up, we could just sit at the table. (I kind of liked this, and played lazy the rest of the night every time I sang!)

love my sissy! 

So this place is not like Dolphie's -- which means it really wasn't a place I could bust out some Kitty Wells-- really not the crowd. So you can imagine my surprise when I'm sitting there and see this elderly man go up to Chad and say "Do you have Goodbye Time by Conway Twitty?" My big mouth immediately opened up "Did you say CONWAY TWITTY?! I LOVE YOU!!!" I felt empowered to do some Loretta after that! (PS for the locals, I guess I ordered the wrong thing, but I thought the food kind of stunk. Everyone else told me their food was great, so I guess I'll give it a second chance and order something different. So, don't order the deli grill, it wasn't that great and I ended up just taking it back to my sisters so Barry could have it. On a plus, the drinks are cheap! I just had a Raspberry Margarita, and it was only $3 bucks)

The bestie and I headed to Kentucky Saturday to hit up our beloved Dolphie's. I love this place. I love these people. And it was game day, so as soon as we walked in, the UK was on the big screen! (Even though they lost :( I still love my Cats!)

I love this place....

cheering on our beloved Wildcats!

Dolphie's was pretty busy --- but we always stay until close, and for the first time ever, Scott had no one signed up for the last 20 minutes! He looked over and said "You and Rita sign up for some more!", so we didn't hesitate to belt out a couple Barbara Mandrell & Loretta tunes before closing. Oh, how it does my heart good to sing "Sleeping Single in a Double Bed" and seeing every person in the bar singing along.

We went shopping in Bowling Green before we came back to Nashville, which might not have been the smartest thing in the planet (although I bought ridiculous amounts of new UK gear!) with my toe. It was throbbing by the time I got home and finally started soaking it again!

This morning I woke up and went to the podiatrist (if you're squeamish at any needle talk or pic at all, you should probably stop reading right now). I sat in the parking lot and kept thinking "Do I really need to go in? Maybe I could...." before stopping myself and going in. Fortunately my doc is beyond fabulous, so as soon as he said "The needle is really the only bad part of this, if you want to get your phone and play games or something, it might help distract you from the pain." So while he injected my toe with needles to numb it, I took a quick pic and then text my sister & twin cousin to complain about the ridiculous pain. If you've ever wondered, needles in the toe %*$&@(! suck! I'm pretty sure I thought he was trying to kill me when he put one in the side of my toe. He kept saying "You have a tattoo on this toe! This won't take as long as that did, you should be good!" Yeah, but they weren't sloooowly sticking needles in the SIDE OF MY TOE when I got my tattoo. (And for the record, my toe tattoo did hurt like hell!)

ouch, ouch, OUCH. 

Fortunately, three shots later, my toe was numb and he started the procedure and I played on my phone.    Since I said I really didn't want to see anything, he was super nice when he put the rubber band around my toe and put gauze and sat it up so he could work around it but so it would cover my view.  The procedure itself was so quick!

all done!  

He told me it would heal pretty quickly, but when he gave me the antibiotic prescription, he gave me a codeine prescription too just in case I needed it after the numbness wore off. (Thank goodness, I popped one of those puppies when I got home -- there would be no waiting until it wore off to "see" if I could feel the pain!!) I've been keeping it propped for the day like I'm supposed to....I have an excuse to be lazy for once! 


No comments:

Post a Comment