Monday, September 10, 2012

Monday already??

For last week being a holiday - it sure was a long one! :/ And where did my weekend go?? I swear, I feel like my weekends are getting shorter and shorter. And considering I work at home every Monday, I totally shouldn't feel that way :P

For my birthday this year, my mom got our Opry tickets to see Keith Urban this past Tuesday. Um, hello hotness.  And, as usual, he was amazing.






The week was a whirlwind --- although I did have a few chances this weekend to catch up with old friends....Larry & I grabbed dinner Saturday night at Opry Mills (Johnny Rockets is open now-- and how we got a table with ZERO wait on a Saturday night at dinner is beyond me.) and then went to see Sparkle. It was so fabulous! Seriously go see it, and not just because it's Whitney Houston's last film. The entire cast was amazing. Has anyone else seen it? I seriously though Carmen Ejogo stole the show - Jordin Sparks was great, but for being so "unknown", we were blown away by Carmen.

Now if I could fly past this week, that would be fabulous. Friday is my night out with my sister, and Saturday my bestie will be here again. Oh how I live for girls weekends - especially since we're headed to Kentucky Saturday! This month is so crazy (I should probably say year-- every single weekend I have plans or I have sessions booked!) - but in less than 3 weeks, it's back to my hometown in Florida! Family vacay this year -- which actually includes my Bro-in-Law that is usually working and unable to go - and we couldn't be more excited!  I think my sister & I have planned out every single minute that we're there....it will be a crazy busy but fabulous trip!

Of course, the best news of the entire week was....Kentucky 47, Kent State 14.  Go BIG BLUE!

Speaking of which....we have been working on game schedules for us to attend, and I am so stoked. I've also started decorating my place for the season - I'm just missing a UK wreath! Everyone I found is so flipping expensive for a WREATH,  but thanks to the awesome guidance of Pinterest and my sister, Im making my own! So excited for this too -- I'm about to embark on multiple D-I-Y projects I found on pinterest. I'm becoming so crafty, what the hell!?

I ordered the cutest garden gnome, a new flag, and a new birdhouse. Hello football decorations! (And let's not lie, it stays up for our kick ass BASKETBALL SEASON!!!)



I think we MIGHT try to make my wreath like the one above, but we'll see :)

Oh how I love Kentucky. If I could stand the thought of being away from my Sister & the kids again, I would so move there in a heartbeat. But for now, I'll settle for being 40 miles away.


No comments:

Post a Comment