Sunday, September 23, 2012

Heart Walk!


It's almost time for the American Heart Association Walk, which happens RIGHT after we get home from Florida! For those who didn't know my amazing Granny, we lost her to a Heart Attack in 2010, and since then we've been pretty active with the Heart Association! 

It really is a lot of fun -- we always go early to enjoy some of the festivities, and the kids play some of the games. There's one booth that's always set up with stickers for you to write out and wear who you are walking in tribute for -- the number one reason I didn't put any text on the back of our shirts :) We love being able to write these out! (And how cute does Kadin look? I mean, seriously, one of the best parts of this is the kids being involved. Not once have these kids complained during the walk. They know what we're walking for and we're doing it for Granny.)


LAST YEAR they had a new thing set up of these massive wooden hearts where you could write in memory of someone, or just write any message for other walkers, etc. Seriously my new favorite thing - I really really hope it's there this year! I did read this year there's a tent where all walkers and groups can get photos, etc. Love it - even though I take my camera of course, I want a great group shot of everyone, so sounds like we're going to be able to get that this year at the new tent! 



So, if you're in Nashville and want to walk with the group, shoot me an email :) If you just want to donate to our cause, please feel free to visit my page- right here - and donate to the American Heart Association! It's a great cause - if you aren't in Nashville and want to walk, be sure to check out what areas the other walks are in and start a team!




No comments:

Post a Comment