Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sunday Social...

Happy Labor Day weekend! A brief update today-- tomorrow will definitely be a lazy day for catching up on this amazing weekend --- Friday, Larry took me to see Sherri Sheperd at Zanies for my birthday (she was HILARIOUS), and now the bestie is in town! We're spending our weekend at the Loretta Lynn ranch, basically. Mom came with us last night to see Loretta's show and Rita & I are heading back tonight to see Merle - I'm not sure how our hearts can handle all this greatness in one weekend!! 

Today would have been Conway Twitty's 80th Birthday. If you know me -- you know my ridiculous love for him! We're heading to his grave today to pay respects -- we had the chance to walk through the new Conway exhibit at Loretta's museum yesterday, and I think our hearts skipped a beat when we walked into this massive room of nothing but Conway! 


sigh. My favorite Conway song. 


But, a little Sunday Social before we head out to run errands:


Sunday Social

1. What was your favorite trip/vacation/activity this summer?
So freaking many! I road tripped SO much with the bestie this summer, and I went to Ohio to see my family, and ran around town with the twin cousin! This was an ahhh-mazing summer. The cherry on top was getting time with PL at the Opry, and seeing Loretta Lynn on the same night - this just doesn't happen all the time, folks! And in a year of no touring, seeing P just made the summer even better! 

2. What was your favorite outfit look/clothing item of the summer?
The most important article of clothing is what's on my feet, because I have a ridiculous shoe obsession, and in the summer I can rock all my wedges! (Actually, I rock them as long as humanly possible, therefore they will be on my feet until it's too cold to do so) 

3. What is one thing you wish you'd gotten to do this summer?
I have no idea! We did so much, I can't think of anything else!

4. What was your favorite song of the summer?


Yes, Roger Miller's "King of the Road" was our jam this summer, because we were always on the road!

5. What was your favorite movie/tv show of the summer?
Larry and I  saw every movie imaginable this year!  The Butler was definitely one of the best, and We're the Millers was one of the funniest! And like I needed a new show to become addicted to -- Devious Maids has taken over my DVR! 


post signature

2 comments: