Monday, September 23, 2013

Forget the Emmy's...

Yes, forget the Emmy's....You know what's REALLY important right now? Happy Meal toys.

McDonalds decided to have Wizard of Oz toys in their happy meals to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the movie)....

I mean, these are adorable! I'm missing the Tin Man & Glinda the Good Witch, but I'll have them this week! Let me just say, getting these was no small feat. Thank goodness my mother & my friends are just as crazy as I am, and were scouring all over Nashville for these. My phone was filled with texts from everyone telling me which location had which toys. (Also, who knew McD's would let you buy the toy without having to buy the actual meal?!)

We saw the movie in IMAX 3D this week too (while rocking some red shoes, of course!). It always boggles my mind when I hear someone say they don't like Wizard of Oz -- this movie is SUCH a classic. I know people groan when they hear a classic has been put in 3D, but they really did a great job with this movie. It was so incredibly clear, not to mention SO larger than life. It's only in theaters for one week, so seriously, if you have an IMAX nearby, go see it! (Oh, and because again, we're movie junkies, we saw Prisoners this week too! What an amazing -- but slightly disturbing, at times hard to watch-- movie!)


And I mentioned ruby red shoes -- it's officially that time: I dug out the boots & closed toed flats this week! Part of me sure loves my fall and winter boots, and the other part of me mourns having to put all my open toe shoes away. I work so hard on my nails, damn it! 

To help the pain of putting away my summer clothes (which I actually haven't done yet -- I will wear the hell out of these until it's definitely too cold to do so!), I told myself it was time to go shopping! Which really is the truth -- I'm losing weight & a lot of my clothes are becoming big on me, mainly my jeans. (Hooray!) And, I have a family reunion in a few months - which means a full new outfit is required! But, I walked out with.....


Zero pairs of jeans - MORE new shoes (two more pairs to be exact)! I spotted these five minutes after walking in and was convinced my life wouldn't be the same without them, and had them in hand in seconds. I mean every girl needs sequins in her life, it would have been practically illegal not to buy them! 

Oh well, it's the official start of fall this week, so it's a legit reason to buy new shoes, right?  Happy Fall!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment