Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Briefly recapping....

It has been a crazy couple weeks, which definitely made me a “bad blogger”! My trip to Baltimore, DC, Annapolis – was jam packed and we had so little down time – and I came home to total craziness at the office!

This past weekend I finally graduated (hooray!), and had to shoot a wedding in the rain – I know I normally LOVE crazy busy weekends and love being away from home, but I think this weekend I’m looking forward to being a little bit lazier. Although – the best part of the week is ‘The Great Gatsby’ hits theaters! Larry and I are heading out to the movies this weekend to see it for sure! 

And, in the midst of all this, George Jones passed away. Since most of you know what a ridiculous love I have for vintage country music, I was broken-hearted to hear of his passing. I’m so thankful I bugged my mom to take me to see him a bunch of times as a kid – and even though we had tickets to see him again this year, it would have been sad to see since he truly was in no shape to be performing. I remember the thrill of seeing him for the first time when I was 11….you just had not lived until you heard “He Stopped Loving Her Today” in PERSON- didn’t even begin to compare to listening it on CD. It’s times like this when I know I live in the right place. Nashville news stations were overloaded with Jones stories, the newspaper covered him on the front page just about every day – and all local channels carried the Memorial Service. It truly warmed my heart to see everyone giving him the tributes he so rightly deserved. Friday morning I went by the cemetery – which I try to do the first week of May every year to pay respects to Tammy Wynette (there are no words to describe how much I loved sweet Tammy!) around her birthday. It felt very odd on the way to stop at George Jones’ grave….very, very odd. We’ve truly lost the living legend – and I worry for the future of country music. If you only know George for “He Stopped Loving Her Today”, take some time to listen to more of his catalog. I promise you won’t be disappointed. 


I’m working on my photos from my vacation to post tomorrow….so I’ll end with three of my very favorite Jones songs. RIP Possum…
 

how sad it is, we now live in a two story house…
 

the only thing I know to say….it’s been a good year for the roses
 

step right up….come on in

No comments:

Post a Comment