Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Look out Nashville....

Happy Wednesday! A few days closer to being beach bound - I swear the last few days before vacation take FOREVER to get here. 

The Hangover III hits theaters tomorrow, so Samantha, Paige & I got tickets to the 10:00 showing tonight - we were so stoked we could see it tonight!   

However, the big news of the day is Paige passed her permit test and officially can drive (well you, supervised)! Holy crap   - talk about not being ready for this! I mean, look, it's no secret I'm obsessed with my niece & nephew and have been for the past 15 years. When I briefly moved away, I didn't even last a year since I could not stand being away from those kids. (Okay, Okay..I missed my sissy too!) I don't go very often without seeing those kids, and they are my life... you can give me the "it's not the same as having your own" crap all day long, but I promise you, I love those kids more than life itself and I would die without them. I've watched my sweet Paige blossom into a beautiful young lady, and going from talking to me about barbies and baby dolls to boys, problems at school, going to college and driving. I said it before, but I am so thankful for the close relationships I have with my niece & nephew. I know much of it stems from my close relationship with my sister -- who I usually don't go a day without talking to. But having the relationships I have with the kids has made my life so much richer - I'm so lucky to be their aunt!



I feel old, haha. I'm so proud of the woman she is becoming, but boy oh boy does it make me a total nervous wreck for her to be behind the wheel. I can't drill the whole 'NO TEXTING AND DRIVING' into her head enough.

I was the responsible kid growing up while my sister was the rebellious, never listen to our parents, move in with her  boyfriend at 17, skip tons of school kind of kid. Here's hoping Paige doesn't take even more after her mom ; ) 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment