Saturday, May 18, 2013

Vacation 1....

Whew, I am late at playing catch up. Wedding editing, and meeting with other brides to view locations for bridal portraits, the church, etc, has kept me so busy!

This week is a week to breathe, and Friday morning I'm heading to Georgia...and then the bestie and I are heading to Pensacola Beach for the weekend! So ready for a weekend away --- with zero plans but sitting on the beach with wine in hand.

And since I'm talking about vacations.....here's some stuff from last month's visit to Baltimore...

One of the best parts of going to Baltimore is seeing this sweet pup! I love Mugsy! 

If you've never been to the Newseum in DC, you must go. Not only is it a "hands on" museum, but it's a "news" museum - it's truly really interesting, and we've gone a few times. This time I was so so excited about the new JFK exhibit, which opened up about a week before I got there. I wasn't even born during that era, but it's so fascinating - and who in the world isn't totally captivated by Jackie Kennedy?! The class, the clothes - amazing!

All the old papers were so incredible...

This entire section on the photography of the Kennedy family & mainly Jackie was incredible. The shots were amazing - and I loved studying Jackie's clothes in each picture!

This picture totally captivated me. It is during the campaign trail, and there's something to be said about how they can sit quietly in a cafe -- when their lives were changed so quickly not long after!

This was so interesting....they had these post it's that they wanted people so write down where they were when they learned JFK had been killed. Next to it was a spot to write down another memory you had --- of a defining news moment in the US. 99% of those were people writing where and how they learned about 9/11.

We also hit Rams Head in Annapolis to see the Desert Rose Band concert. I love Annapolis - it's been almost 10 years since I had the chance to go and really explore it, but I will again eventually. It's one of the most beautiful towns I've ever been in.


This weekend is a lazy weekend -- and trust me, I love those! But I love being gone too. This is why I love spring & summer -- bring on the road trips!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment