Monday, April 15, 2013

Weekend Catch up!

I have been a horrible blogger in the past week or so. I graduate in three weeks - finals are KILLING ME.  I have had the "why did I think going back to school was a great idea!?" meltdown multiple times this week. This semester is stressing me the hell out, and as great as this has been - this girl is ready to be DONE. I was always the nerd that loved school, that still reads Shakespeare for fun, but whew. This is so much different than High School, and it's completely my own fault for the amount of pressure I put on myself.

And in the midst of that, Patty was in town for the Vince Gill concert - as a surprise special guest. So naturally, regardless of my school stress - last Tuesday we headed to the Ryman for the show. Patty - as usual - was incredible, and Vince also brought along Emmylou and Rodney Crowell. You cannot get any better than seeing Patty & Emmylou on the same night - you just can't. I fully expected P to only do a song or two, and she got a ton - totally worth going to the show for! By the time the show was over, we went out to hug the Queen Bee - and it was after 11:00...so I skipped my work for the night & went home and crashed. Considering this week has been totally nothing but school & photo sessions and the smallest amount of sleep possible, it was the best ending to the night.

P & Emory on stage with Vince


with P after the show....

I completely took my weekend off -- okay, so I've been taking all my weekends off. (Maybe that's why I'm so ridiculous during the week this month!?)

Saturday, Larry and I went to Opry Mills for dinner, shopping & to see that new movie about Jackie Robinson - "42".

I also bought myself another pair of shoes. Yes, ANOTHER pair. This is ridiculous, I cannot stop buying shoes.  I spotted these and fell in love and immediately put one on to take a pic and text the bestie to see what the verdict was. (How the hell did I buy anything before picture messaging?  I'm pretty sure I haven't bought an outfit in YEARS without texting it to the bestie, my sister or my cousin to see what the thoughts were.) I officially have zero room in my closet for all my shoes, and 70% of my shoes are freaking wedges. 


 Ending the night at the movies! 

42 was absolutely AMAZING -- you have to go see it, especially if you're a sucker for the true stories. So well written, and they knocked the casting out of the park with this one (no pun intended in that line ;) ) Really, anything with Harrison Ford is a winner.  Chadwick Boseman  - who I've never actually heard of until now - was cast as Jackie Robinson & man did he nail it.

It's rare to have people clap at the end of movies these days, but our entire theater did. Not only was there applause, there were genuine tears, from both men & women. 


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Love Patty Loveless but have never had the chance to see her live. And Vince Gill?? And Emmylou Harris?? Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete