Sunday, April 7, 2013

Warmer Days...

I've been slightly slacking in blogging....it's been so gorgeous out, I've hated to be inside! Spring has sure come full blast now - I can't believe we went from like 48 to almost 80. Thank goodness - I cannot take the cold weather! The warmer days are keeping me outside - or sitting inside wishing I needed something to do outside!

I took advantage of it yesterday and started planting flowers. Which, by the way, I've never done in my life, so.... we will see if I kill these suckers or not! But, I have this UK stepping rock at the end of my steps and I thought it would be adorable to have blue & white flowers growing on each side of the steps - and then I'll hang up my UK flag!  I scoured Home Depot and was having a hard time finding blue flowers until I finally found these:



They were the winner! I bought four of each (but only ended up planting 3 of each - I'll just use the others for pots I suppose!) 


Let me tell you: Gardening is not easy if you don't know WTF you're doing. But I finally got them planted - and we'll see if this turns out. My neighbor is ridiculously fabulous at gardening and his yard and porch always look like a floral shop, so he came over last night and scoped them out and gave them some treatment. Hopefully that helps them grow and I don't kill them :)

Today is gorgeous and I'm heading to Radnor Lake for a photo session - and a walk. The bestie and I just made plans to lounge on Pensacola Beach all  Memorial Day weekend -so I'm kicking my workouts into a little bit of overdrive to be beach ready! Thank goodness for all these sales at Kohls - with the crazy amounts of maxi dresses I bought last week, I am totally beach  ready in the clothes department! (And hooray, I had to buy a size smaller than what I normally wear! If that's not the best feeling ever, I don't know what is!)

And now a little Sunday Social! All about Pinterest -- which I spend waaaay too much time on!


Sunday Social


1. What is your favorite outfit pin?
Right now, this. And I went and bought something kind of like it after seeing this pin.




2. What is your favorite food pin?


This chicken with bowtie pasta and creamy italian sauce was incredible! Recipe

3. What is your favorite wedding pin?
I'm not married nor getting married, so unlike a lot of girls - I actually don't have a wedding board! I do pin some photos though, for inspiration for weddings that I shoot. I have a bride next month that wants to do a first look, but doesn't have an idea of how, and just wants something cute or fun. So I started looking for some fun ideas. Thanks to pinterest, we fell in love with this and probably will go the "peek" route like this. (Photo by themarinstudio.com)


4. What is your favorite DIY/craft pin?
Turning your shirt into a scarf! Totally have to do this for football season for my Cats!

5. What is your favorite quote/verse/lyric pin?


6. Share one more random pin you love.
Clearly, the sign guy and I would get along FABULOUS. GO BIG BLUE!


Have a great Sunday everyone! 

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I'm already married so I don't have a wedding board persay but I do have ideas for when others get married - and boy do I wish Pinterest was more around when I got married!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're Nicole, I'm Nicole. You bleed blue for UK, I bleed blue for UK. So glad to meet you! I'm a new follower too. =) Love your pins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gardening is completely not within my capacity to learn. I can't do it...I kill everything! Love your pins :)

    ReplyDelete