Sunday, December 2, 2012

Weekend Recap!

My best friend Rita's birthday is Tuesday - the big 4-0! So we did what we always do to celebrate - head to our favorite place, (Kentucky!) and party at Dolphie's Lounge. What a night...

I picked up a dozen Gigi's Cupcakes to decorate and take with us! Rita's never had a gourmet cupcake and I keep saying we'll go when she's here next, and we never remember to go! While I know I can't cook, I actually CAN bake, but I have so much crap to make for Christmas, I really wasn't feeling like baking right now --- what solves that dilemma better than Gigi's!?

Round 1 of our songs at Dolphie's! Man I freaking love this place. I love that we go through the song book and randomly burst into songs at the table.....I got the "Oh my god I cant't believe my little sister knows these old songs I don't even know" look from my sister multiple times. I'm pretty sure we table-sang every song of Alabama's in the list, and every George and Tammy duet that Scotty had listed! 

The bestie & me! About to start getting the party started  - I don't even think we'd had a drink yet! 

Presents! Note that I got a BLUE gift bag, and instead of a bow, I tied a UK scarf to the bag. I know how to represent our team, damn it! GO BIG BLUE!

So over the summer I was thinking "What the hell can I get Rita for her birthday aside from the UK stuff?" and my answer was a photo book! So I compiled some of my favorite photos from all our fun road trips, fun memories, and inside jokes, and made a photo for her. It was a massive hit --- she literally screamed when she opened it and started going through it. Success! 

Even my sister has gotten into the "sharing Kentucky gifts" - I am so freaking proud. She even bought one for herself too! 

My sister found this pack of fake mustaches at Target in the dollar bins and brought it with her thinking it would be fun. A few drinks in, we pulled them out and put them on -- it was hilarious. We had people all night asking about them, and multiple people run over and ask if we had anymore that they could have! 

Rita got Chris to wear one! He kept saying "No way!" and then popped it on and gave us this look - classic!

And my multi-talented sister rocked her mustache while singing! 

We mustache you a question.

The cupcakes with the toppers I made! 

So this elderly lady was the best ever -  everytime we go to Dolphie's, the older folks in the crowd usually comment on the old songs we sing and how much they love them....but she not only loved them, she got up and danced like she was 16 year old, after a while even kicking her shoes off! And when we'd do something she really loved like "Coal Miner's Daughter" or "D-I-V-O-R-C-E", she would come stand up at the side and watch us sing. Love, Love, LOVE HER. We had so much fun with her!

The sis & I at Denny's before heading over to Dolphie's. I love this picture of us!!!! 


I'm so bummed the weekend is over already. And I'm bummed to be back home, LOL. Our new friend at Dolphie's (is it horrible that we loved this elderly lady so much but forgot to get her name?!?!) kept asking why we don't just move to Kentucky, haha. Thank goodness I'm so freaking close! 



No comments:

Post a Comment