Sunday, December 23, 2012

It's almost here!

I can't believe Christmas is almost here! I love Christmas Eve almost as much as I love Christmas morning. This year is pretty awesome because my niece Salem will be coming home for Christmas! She wasn't with us last year, but this year she flies in at 10 am December 24th! It'll be awesome to have us all together -- not to mention, my nephew's face just BEAMS when Salem comes home. I'm ready for tomorrow!

I know as years pass, traditions change, but there's never been a time that I have not been with my sister on Christmas morning - or Christmas Eve for that matter! I moved away pretty briefly years back, but , I was sure not to miss birthdays or holidays. Being with my sister was always important, and since the kids have been born, I can't imagine not being with them Christmas Eve and morning. I love seeing their faces when they walk out to the tree--- or hearing Kadin whisper "Paige! Paige! Let's wake them up so we can open presents!" Anyway, as with most holidays, our Christmas Tradition is to stay at my sisters. My mom & I usually go eat together Christmas Eve and then head over to Samantha's for the night.

Me & Samantha! 

Today my sister, the kids & I went to see Monsters Inc in 3D! Can I seriously say how much I love Disney for re-releasing a bunch of their movies in 3D? (I cannot wait for the Little Mermaid, anticipation is killing me! The twin cousin & I will be seeing it in Florence, KY together - and I may or may not have gotten us Ariel shirts to wear :) ) I took Paige to see Monsters Inc when she was 4 in the theater, we've loved it ever since!

The kids waiting on their funnel fries -- K-Dog, our heavyweight champion, was sure to show off his belt.

We did a little shopping, and it's so cold and rainy that we had to stop at Starbucks. The split second I say "Aunt Nicole's got it..." Kadin starts going over to the snacks to see what else he can get. I swear, I am such a SUCKER for these kids (I mean the first thing I did this morning was go to Walmart to pick up a couple things for them. I cannot stop buying for them, it's ridiculous!)!  I wouldn't have it any other way, though.

And tomorrow, like every Christmas Eve, I'll be having a few drinks with my sister, watching movies and snuggling with my nephew while gossipping with my two favorite teenagers. And of course - waiting up to see all the great goodies that Santa brings! Somehow, my mom & brother in law always crash early, and my sister & I are the only ones awake by the end of the night.

Merry Christmas to everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment