Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thinspiration Thursday!

I've missed the past couple Thinspiration Thursdays! And funny to say, I really have no new updates in that department! I've been so big on "I'm not on a diet", and just wanting to work out more, cut out some crap, and I've done exactly what I said I was going to do. (Yes, yes, the end goal WILL be to lose a little weight, and tone up) I DID however, finally get to the 7.00 mile marker on running! I might have felt like I was going to DIE afterwards, but nonetheless - I did it!

Plain running is starting to bore me, so I've been mixing it up a little bit - including a little hula hooping, and I'm going to admit: I am a BAD ASS hula hooper. (Should I really be bragging about that??) I started doing it on the Wii and then quickly went out and bought one. It probably helps my knee a bit too.... (yes, in my accident prone ways, last year I hurt my knee. Thankfully my doctor rocks and I required no surgery, and I have been good to go until last week when I was running -- and that knee popped. Uh oh.)

I've started singing out loud I've noticed when I'm running --- I think my neighbors might think I've seriously lost my mind, especially when one day I ran by a house singing along to "Baby Got Back", and the following day when I ran by I was singing along to "Gonna Make You Sweat". (Thanks Songza, for the 90's Workout playlist!)

In other news, I booked the hotel and put in in the request for Derby tickets this week! I am beyond stoked! I haven't been to a race at Churchill Downs since 2005 - for shame, I know! This is an entire new ball game though -- and it's insane expensive. (Which I expected) Pretty sure everyone thought I was joking when I said the normal place we stay at in Louisville was $600 for the night, but sold out.


Now that that's all taken care of, it's time to get to the seriously important part: the clothes. The BFF and I want to be in UK blue, but we also want to go opposite, so since I fell in love with the blue dress, I'm aiming for blue dress, white hat, while Rita does the opposite.

I found a dress that's KINDA similar to the Michelle Pfeiffer dress I am madly in love with. 


So now I totally have to find a hat I think will look good. Or I guess I should go ahead and BUY the dress. I'm totally torn on buying it right now and kind of want to wait -- and maybe if I can find something that's even more similar. Sigh, decisions, decisions. I can't make up my mind. But I do know it's time to go hula hoop. 



3 comments:

  1. I wanna hula hoop now! We used to rock at it as kids! I wish I could run, I just cant sustain my breathig while running yet! your gonna be so cute in a derby hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling I'm going to have to slow it and just walk for awhile, give my knee a little bit of a break. Or I might see my doc and see what he suggests.

      Delete
  2. Get that knee looked at!? Wasnt he almost going to do the surgery on it? Dont mess it up :(

    ReplyDelete