Friday, August 3, 2012

Burnout....

Who would've thought there would be a day I DIDN'T want to pick up the camera? Well, it came.  I think I truly got so busy doing sessions for clients, I had no time to go out and take photos that meant something to ME. I didn't take the time to go out and take photos just for fun...

P not touring I'm sure had something to do with it ;)  No, really. My favorite thing to shoot is one of her shows ---every aspect of it, capturing the mood, the emotion. I really can't get EXACTLY what I get at her show at anyone else's show.

I decided in July to cut back a little bit - and possibly re-evaluate my business, where I wanted to go with it, and what I wanted to focus on. Just taking the month to work on my business plan for 2013 did wonders! And now, even with sessions coming up, I've booked some spaced apart - and blocked off certain time frames from booking anything. I'm going to get behind the lens and take some pictures for me a lot more often....starting this weekend!

Short stuff is spending the night with Aunt Nicole tomorrow-dinner, movies, and who knows what else this kid will end up with. I am such a freaking sucker, he gets away with everything!


1 comment:

  1. Im glad to hear it. I miss your work when it was just your vision from wherever you were. I love your client shots, they're always amazing. But you and a camera in the city, or in a park or wherever you are is where the magic really comes to life. I will always love that photo you took of the homeless man with the shopping cart it was so incredibly beautifully sad.

    Cant wait to see funny pics of Kadin and all the stuff aunt nicole buys him....haha

    ReplyDelete