Monday, June 2, 2014

Beachin' It....

I'm finally home after the MOST amazing vacation ever! This past weekend in Orlando was more than I ever even imagined -- but more on that tomorrow, when I actually have a chance to gather some of my thoughts!

Before I headed to Orlando, it was girls beach weekend time! We chose Orange Beach, AL this year. We probably wouldn't choose it again for next year, and would opt for Gulf Shores - while Orange Beach was BEAUTIFUL, and we were right on the beach...it's so inconvenient for getting around. We wanted to be able to walk everywhere like we did in Pensacola. That totally didn't happen. There was an abundance of liquor stores (too bad we bring our own wine!), and a very select few restaurants. We ended up walking a mile to find even one surf shop.

But that said, it was an incredible lazy beach weekend!

On the way, we stayed in Montgomery, AL to stop at Hank Williams grave site, a must for vintage Country nerds like us. As we were there we spotted signs for a Museum, so we jumped at the chance to go while in town! The museum said no photos period, but...you know I don' t listen too well, so I snuck a few on my phone.

so beautifully done

I freaked OUT when we saw this, an old Opry program from 1952. What I wouldn't give to get my hands on that, the line up was absolutely incredible. 

A horrible pic, but I was trying to take it pretty quickly. We did NOT expect to see the vehicle Hank died in inside the museum. They really did a great job on having so many incredible artifacts.

And then we were beach bound! Well, kind of. First we got hit by some lady who CLEARLY did not know how to drive! Thank goodness it was a stop light - we were in the right lane, she was in the left - and decided she needed to turn right so she just did without thinking. Thankfully, we had barely started to move and she just scraped us and there was super minimal damage to the besties car.  NOT how we wanted to start the trip off though.

A little beach pic spam...

we made it! beach babies for the weekend!


the best view in the world, with a good book, the beach in front of me and George Jones playing on our speakers.

another good view, wine on the beach! yes, we always rep our Kentucky Blue when we go to the beach!

the extent of our weekend, seriously.

one of the nights there we sat out with the speakers, had a massive Jeannie Seely sing along while watching the sun go down over the beach. It's hard to get better than that. 

After well over a week of being on multiple vacations & having the trip of a lifetime this past weekend, it's back to reality and work for me tomorrow. Such a bummer. 

Happy Monday!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. That beach weekend looks fantastic! I've never been much of a beach person (to be fair, I think it's just because I was never exposed to the beach until I was older), but gosh that looks terribly relaxing!

    ReplyDelete