Monday, March 3, 2014

Oscar Time...

Happy March! So happy it's here -- the TV nerd in me can't contain my excitement that Once Upon a Time finally comes back this weekend!

So much went on this weekend, but since I haven't even pulled pics off the camera yet, we'll save that for tomorrow.

And instead, we'll move onto the Oscars.

Am I the only one who thought "Blue Jasmine" was good, but not over the top great? Apparently so, because Cate Blanchett sure made a sweep at all the awards shows.  (Although, I may just be bitter that she beat Queen Meryl!?) This year was the first year I had seen every single film nominated for best picture, so it was a good watch this year! I've said a million times that 12 Years a Slave was the best movie of 2013, so I'm really glad it won Best Picture!

Anyway, totally starting with this girl:


Lupita Nyong'o. I couldn't help but tear up with her when she won. (And her speech was so moving  & heartfelt!) She was so INCREDIBLY powerful in 12 Years a Slave. I didn't see this going to anyone but her. Also people, she looks like Cinderella! Love her dress & headband!


Jared Leto also made me cry with his amazing speech about his mom. (Also, his eyes are oh-so-dreamy!) This was another win I didn't see going to anyone else. If you haven't seen Dallas Buyers Club, you absolutely must, no excuses not to have seen it!


And of course: Bette Midler wins when it came to the performances of the night. Not only did I loooove this red carpet dress (her performance dress, not so much), but she was totally CC Bloom for two minutes and sang "Wind Beneath My Wings", which of course is only from one of the greatest movies ever made. I may have started fangirling when she started singing.


Looooove Calista Flockhart's dress! I'm not usually a big fan of white, but this screams class & elegance. 


Swoon. Could Bradley Cooper get any hotter?? Didn't think he could, but he showed up like this. Totally the best dressed guy there.


However, my favorite guy of the night was at Elton John's Oscar party. Swoon....I love love love me some Tony Goldwyn! Oh how he's gone from being the bad guy in Ghost to the ridiculously hot Fitz on Scandal. He always looks good in a tux! (or...anything!)

I thought this was a pretty good year for the Oscars! I didn't disagree with too many of the awards, and it seemed to me like everyone got more time for their speeches!? Multiple great speeches this year, complete with an "Alright, Alright, Alright" from McConaughey! 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment