Sunday, July 14, 2013

It's all about the music...

Happy Sunday! It looks like it's going to be a gloomy day in Nashville...sigh. And it's laundry day.

So last month at the Opry, P mentioned that she was going to hang out with Miranda Lambert for a few days this month. That arrived this weekend, when she was at Miranda's gig last night. And while I say I'm totally bummed I wasn't there.....I am secretly glad I was not there. P's crowd & Miranda/Aldean's crowd & music are sooo different.  I'm 99.999% sure I could not sit during Aldean. Anyway, she showed up at the after party too, and as I flipped through pics, I realized she was rocking the shirt I gave her last month. LOVE this!

As shown in this horrible quality photograph....P is rocking this shirt:


Because obviously, she is a Kick Ass Kentuckian.  This whole Kentucky for Kentucky campaign is so brilliant. As soon as they unveiled all their shirts, I ordered myself a "Kentucky Kicks Ass" shirt, and immediately ordered PL the Kick Ass Kentuckian one. While we were in Lexington last week I picked up this one below too. 

I have zero plans to leave TN again -- I can't be that far from my sis! But I DID graduate from the University of Kentucky -- KY will always hold a special place in my heart! 

And now for a little Sunday Social...It's super appropriate this week for me -- all about music! This is where the "Nicole was born in the wrong generation" is going to come out:

Sunday Social

1. What is your all-time favorite song?  
I always try to say this is hard to say, because something like PL's "Diamond in my Crown" & "Here I Am" stop me dead in my tracks, and so do songs like "Silver Wings" & "It's Only Make Believe"...

But if I had to list one song as my all time fave, it would be George Jones "The Grand Tour". (And this would be followed very closely with another Jones song - "A Good Year for the Roses")  This is the ultimate country song for me.

Nobody cuts songs quite like this anymore! 

2. Who is your favorite singer/band?
Patty Loveless, of course.... I didn't get my PL tattoo for nothing. After a ridiculous amount of years of having her a part of my life, I don't think this answer will ever change. And here's my favorite picture of me & P:



3. What song reminds you of your childhood?
Three come to mind immediately:

-PL "Chains" I was just a little shit when the HTA record was released, and shortly after it was released, I was in the car with my dad for a long trip. We wore that record OUT and I sang the hell out of this song with my dad. 

-Madonna "Material Girl" When I was a kid, our family reunions had karaoke....and the twin cousin & I randomly decided to go sing this song. Everyone in our family still talks about it, and I still have the tape. About 14 years later, we went to a club together and did it again for old times sake! (Minus the Christmas dresses and crimped hair!)

4. What songs put you in a good mood?
Um, a ton. I guess my most current would be
Vern Gosdin "Set 'Em Up Joe"
It's our "go-to" song when we get to Dolphie's, we immediately have Scotty play this to have an obnoxious sing along. 

5. What is your music to rock out to in your car?
A lot....from my classic country like Conway, Loretta....to sometimes Pink, Alanis, Jet - it seriously depends on my mood. I listen to a lot...(although I don't listen to any rap or metal, and never will).. I just tell everyone my true love is Country.  Lately, my "rock outs" have been to 80's and 90's country. 

6. What is the most embarrassing album or song you own?
Haha I suppose something from High School....like not going to lie, I still own O-Town's CD? Oh wait! I still have Hannah Montana on my iTunes. Such a good aunt. (Although thankfully, that phase is now over for Paige!)

post signature

6 comments:

  1. I have O-Town's All or Nothing as my most embarrassing song so it's okay there are more of us out there lol. I love The Judds especially "Grandpa" it's one of those songs that I can listen to and just sit there and sway to it. Loretta is another one I like, although I have to say that Sissy Spacek did an awesome job covering her songs for the Coal Miners Daughter soundtrack.

    Cassie
    http://southeastbymidwest.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE "Grandpa", one of my favorite songs! "Love Can Build a Bridge" is my favorite of theirs....such a great song.

      Delete
  2. Just dropping in from the link-up. I love Madonna's Material Girl! It definitely reminds me of my childhood too. I remember a lot of dance recitals with that song in it

    Reviews Until You Drop

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Conway Twitty, he's a classy kinda dude ain't he?! and seriously that picture of you and Patty Lovelass..how amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Classic country is my favorite. I love the twang of it. I like all kinds of music, too. My music roll is a virtual DJ's dream (so I think). Totally agree on Mama Tried! We were just talking about that yesterday, but then instead broke out in song--a little David Allen Coe---beer may have been involved.
    Happy Sunday!
    Lulu and Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  5. i grew up on classic country and country music. I love songs like Delta Dawn, Who's Gonna Fill Their Shoes, Holes in the Floor of Heaven and Baby's got her Blue jeans on.

    ReplyDelete