Sunday, July 29, 2012

Where did July go!?

This was the week from hell. I suppose it didn't start out too bad, but it sure went downhill quickly. So the obvious choice was to make the weekend fabulous, which is exactly what we did! Friday I crashed at my sisters house so we could drink (um, if you haven't had the Whipped Vodka, you are seriously missing out. Mixed with orange juice, it tastes just like a dreamsicle! Amazing.), do some night swimming, hang out with the kids, etc.

It took no time at all after dinner for K-man to jump in the pool....and it really doesn't take long of hearing "Aunt Nicole are you getting in!?" before I jump in - which really WAS a great way to end a hellacious week, especially when he talked Sam and I into playing "Monkey in the Middle".



Let me just say complete obvious: my nephew is the cutest person in the world. Seriously. I love that kid. I had to run to the store, so I took him with me. (Where he completely took advantage of the whole "Aunt Nicole really doesn't say no to me that often!" deal, and we left the store with new toys for him). Sitting next to me, he goes "so...Mom got pulled over by the Smyrna police yesterday." Wanting to laugh, since I know my sister - and I'm not surprised she got pulled over again- I say "Really?" And Kadin responds "Yeah. AND she didn't get arrested!!!!" Love, love, love this kid. (I guess I should note Sam wasn't doing anything to get arrested for, haha, she was on the shoulder of the road)

And did I mention Kadin made two beds for me before I got there? Couch, and his room, whichever I wanted. I wound up on the couch to start off and watch a movie with him, but moved to his room after awhile, and when I walked in I found this -- his stuffed animals, on their own pillow and blanket. He's such a sweet boy.



I'm always amused with the kids. Paige is 14 now, so she's usually busy being a teenager with friends, and getting ready for High School. As I'm getting ready for the pool, I hear her in the room skyping with some friends - and then hear Kadin tip toe in her room to squeal "PAIGE, WHO IS THAT?! IS THAT YOUR BOOOOOYFRIEND? OOOHHH PAIGE IS SKYPING WITH A BOYFRIEND! THAT'S A BOYFRIEND!" I'm so glad I didn't have a little brother growing up, haha. I was the annoying little sister.

Mom, Tresa (who is like a part of the family!) and baby Braxton came over to celebrate Braxton's first birthday and let me do a photo shoot with him. I vamped my sisters kitchen into my studio for the day, and we had a blast with Braxton's Smash the Cake shots. Baby B makes me laugh, he's walking now so he really doesn't want to sit. But he LOVES to dance and will sit and bounce if you play him music - so the way we got him to pose for his formal portraits was to continuously play "I'm Sexy and I Know It". That was a first : )

How is July just about over!?!?






No comments:

Post a Comment