Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Thank you....

I got a thank you card this week, and when they wrote out the "thank you", I couldn't help but notice it was spelt "THX".

Look, I'm one of those annoying people who have my phone glued to my hand all the time. I text people more than anything, and I hate having to actually call most people. So I GET the art of texting - really, I do. What I don't get is making yourself look completely illiterate for the sake of texting - and then carrying your lingo into other conversations.

And yes, I take full advantage of text lingo, you know, the ever so normal ones like "OMG", "LOL" - actually shortening longer phrases. I'm not too lazy to spell out the word thanks, and I don't see the point in using phrases like "kno" for "know" or "ur" for "your" - it's not that hard people, put some effort into it.

I guess I should just be grateful I received a Thank You card - because I cannot remember the last time I received one. Manners seem to be dying off, or at least in our new generations. (And yes, I feel like a little old lady saying that) But a simple genuine "Thank You" really does go a long way. However, being too lazy to properly spell the word makes it much less effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment